10.5.07

Beat Scene


I don’t know where I’ve been for the last 50 issues of Beat Scene but until John Tranter lent me a copy of number 51 just the other day, I had never seen it before. And if you’re interested in the Bolinas Scene (and I am) it’s a great issue of this terrific magazine from Coventry in England, edited by Kevin Ring.



             Cover photo: Lewish Warsh & Anne Waldman in front of Angelica & Tom Clark’s house, Bolinas, California, 1968 (foto : Tom Clark)

Number 51 has articles, interviews, photos, book covers -
Alice Notley, Ted Berrigan, Allen Ginsberg, Lewis Warsh, Tom Clark, Philip Whalen, Joanne Kyger, Robert Creeley, Anne Waldman, William Burroughs, Gilbert Sorrentino, Jack Kerouac, Ron Padgett, Joe Brainard, Michael McClure, Bill Berkson - and the list goes on.





                              Ted Berrigan

I like this magazine. I’ve ordered number 51 and other copies from the Beat Scene website. If you’re an old beatnik poet like me you should do likewise, daddio. And thanks, John T. for sending it to me.







remember, click on the images to enlarge them

No comments: