29.5.09


ka mate ka ora




k a   m a t e   k a   o r a    # 7

May 2009       www.nzepc.auckland.ac.nz/kmko

The New Zealand Electronic Poetry Centre (nzepc) is pleased to announce the seventh issue of Ka Mate Ka Ora: A New Zealand Journal of Poetry and Poetics, with a special colloquium feature

*   1,000 Words or a Picture: Could Poetry be a Contemporary Art? A ka mate ka ora colloquium with contributions by Pam Brown; Martin Edmond; Sue Fitchett; Brian Flaherty; Tony Green; Paul Hartigan; David Howard; Lesley Kaiser and John Barnett; Jan Kemp; Richard Killeen; Cilla McQueen; Selina Tusitala Marsh and Tim Page; Ann Poulsen; Jack Ross; Lisa Samuels; Helen Sword; Fredrika van Elburg; Ruth Watson and Albert Wendt

*   Paul Millar, Interviewing Hone Tuwhare at Kaka Point, 3 December 2007. With photographs and audio

*   Ian Wedde, Mahmoud Darwish 1941-2008

kmko is edited by Murray Edmond with assistance from Michele Leggott and Hilary Chung at the University of Auckland, and with the support of a team of consulting and contributing editors. It publishes research essays and readings of New Zealand-related material and welcomes contributions from poets, academics, essayists, teachers and students from within New Zealand and overseas.

for information click here
.





3 comments:

Mazda engines said...

Love the site. I really appreciate good poetry. I used to write myself. Someday I'd like to travel to Australia and take a guided tour. Unfortunately it's taking me a bit to save up as a mechanic who works on Mazda engines. The pay isn't bad, but taking a trip overseas is pretty expensive. Thank you for all the incredible posts.

Mazda Engines said...

I forgot to put in my address to my Mazda engines site. I'm not sure if that matters. I'm still getting the hang of these computers.

pb said...

Hi Mazda,

Is that your rapper name?

Thanks for your comment

Pam